So long landlubbers...I'm going to sea







I've been living on the Next Wave now for 7 days and what an adventure it has been. I have bruises on my head, legs and arms from just adjusting to small places. All of the dts staff except for Dan have never lived on a ship before so we have been busy learning about boat life as we prepare to receive the dts students tomorrow.




Part of our training has been to learn to tie a few knots (memories of my girl scout days) and then climbing up on the boom as well as helping pull up the sail. I also climbed almost to the top of the mast but decided to save going all the way to the top for another day! We have just had lots of fun laughing and being stretched by the new experiences.




But against that backdrop, the crew and our school staff have been preparing ourselves to train 11 young people. The slogan for the school is: "None shall live for Himself" with us focusing on teaching from Romans 12 and Colossians 3. Living in such tight quarters for four months will give each of us loads how to live out the gospel from the inside out!



The students arrive Saturday, and we then will commission the ship on Sunday. We are going to give the students one day of getting acquainted before we leave on Monday. At this point, we will be sailors for the next 85 hours of sailing to the coast of France. Keep us in your prayers as we are hoping for outstanding weather. Details to follow!









































2 comments:

  1. trying again...I must have made a blooper in my password first go round and now it will not take it...jt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally figured it out...I love you my sister and am really excited about this new adventure...trust you have your "sea legs" by now...and don't any of you go swiming without permission... : ) Blessings, jt

    ReplyDelete

Followers